Dr. TANG Kit Yi
- Ph. D. (Educational Psychology), The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- M. Phil. (Educational Psychology), The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Bachelor of Arts (Merit), Hong Kong Baptist University
- Trainer on Children Philology (Association of Chinese character instinctive understanding), HKCertificate Trainer of Nagomi Pastel Art (Japan Pastel Hope Art Association), Japan
- Trainer on Service Leadership Education (SLE) (HK Institute of Service Leadership & Management), HK
- Certificate of Narrative Therapy for teaching Intelligent Deficit students (Chi Le Association), HK
- Certificate of Mental Health First Aid (MIFA), HK
- Certificate PEERS@ (Training program for adult ASD in friendship-making), UCLA
- Certificate of Tactile, The Feuerstein Institute (Israel)
- Certificate of Instructional Enrichment I (Instructional Enrichment training for cognitive structure), The Feuerstein Institute (Israel)
- Certificate of Orton-Gillingham approach in teaching English for students with dyslexia, MSL Consultancy Pte Ltd (Singapore)
- Certificate in School Counselling and Guidance (Distinction), The University of Hong Kong School of Professional and Continuing Education
- PGDE, The University of Hong Kong, Education Department
- Qualified teacher for junior Secondary, Hong Kong Northcote College of Education
Academic & Professional Experience
- 2015-present: Lecturer 1, Hong Kong Baptist University
- 2014-present: PT Teaching Consultant, The Pathways Foundation Ltd
- 2014-2015: Assistant Project Manager (SMILE Project—school-based consultant in helping teach-&-learn affairs for SEN students- ADHD & ID), The Hong Kong Institute of Education
- 2010-2015: PT Lecturer (Edu. Dept.), The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- 2014-2015: PT Lecturer (EDUC), Hong Kong Baptist University
- 2009-2013: Teaching Consultant & Language Support Officer – Chinese, The Pathways Foundation Ltd
- Pedagogy of Chinese Language teaching
- Learning Diversity and Motivation
- Inclusive Education and Teaching for SEN students – Dyslexia, ADHD, ID and ASD
- Blended Learning
- L & T in NCS (Non-Chinese Students)
- HK PISA 2018 (2017-2019). OECD & The Chinses University of HK (as Co I)
- School-based E-learning Materials Development for Inclusive Education (2016-2018). HKBS 150 Anniversary Charity Fund. 三水劉本章學校 & EdUHK (as researcher)
- Completed a three-year project of School-based E-learning Materials Development for Inclusive Education sponsored by HKBS 150 Anniversary Charity Fund (Sept 2016- Aug 2019), being the chief researcher of three studies launched under this project, i.e., classroom observation study, HK special schools 5E application study, and a case longitudinal study.
- Completed an TDG project with Dr Tracy Lau (PI) and Dr Joshua Chan, Enhancing the Effectiveness of the Cross-border Study for Students-teachers’ Professional Development.
Conference/Seminar Paper presentation
- Paper presented at the International Symposium of Chi. Lang. Teaching held by EdUHK (16 Nov 2018) – topic: HK special school quantitative analysis of using e-book in teaching Chinese Language – upon Learning Diversity and Self-regulated Learning (香港特殊學校中文科電子書教學定量分析-『個別差異照顧』與『自主學習』)
- Paper presented at the E-book Project sharing meeting and Annual General meeting– held by E-learning for Inclusive Education Association Limited. (8 June 2019) – topic: Application of 5E in HK special schools setting – preliminary study
- Speaker of teacher professional development day (11 April 2019) for Tai Po Methodist School– topic: Rubric design for Chinese writing in formative assessment.
- Speaker of teacher professional development seminars (30 Jan & 8 Mar 2019) for HK LS teachers held by EDB– topic: Curriculum accommodation of Liberal Study for the students with SEN.
- Academic consultant under EDB Learning Diversity Committee of Liberal Study Key Learning Area in providing advice for 6 sets of lesson plan with teaching aids specified for the students Dyslexia (Jan 2017- Aug 2019)
- Instructor of teacher professional development course (2019) for HK primary teachers held by EDB & HKBU – topic: Small class Chinese Language teaching.
- Instructor of teacher professional development course (2019) for HK mid-level management teachers held by EDB & HKBU – topic: Whole school approach for the students with SEN.
- Attended the HK special school professional development day (19 Dec 2018) held by EDB, EdUHK and all special schools in HK
- Going to finish a three-years course of children philology (May 2017-Dec 2019) that getting the teaching insight into Chinese characters to young children and NCS students but also getting a profound reflection about ancient Chinese characters revealing Chinese culture that is beneficial to my teaching to the students of EDUC 7381/3791.
- Got the teaching certificate of Nagomi pastel drawing for enriching my knowledge and skills in releasing others’ emotional problem which is a hot issue in the field of inclusive education.
- Speaker and co-organizer (representative of EDUC) with PHAB (NGO)- Workshop topic: The Emotional Development of the Youth with Dyslexia (9 Dec 2017)
- Curriculum Consultant of EDB Diversity Committee (Liberal Studies) in revising the curriculum content of the accommodation for the students with Dyslexia
- Speaker of teacher professional development seminars – topic cluster: Strategies for catering Learning Diversity
- Schools support – School-based teacher professional development seminar-三水劉本章學校-Topic: “Assessment As Learning” for Learning Diversity & Autonomous Learning
- Chan Kai Secondary School – curriculum design in persuasive essays & descriptive essays (S1 Chi Lang Curriculum)
- Paper presented at the International Symposium of Chi. Lang. Teaching held by EdUHK (8 Dec 2017) – topic: Interactional modes and teacher’ roles of Blended Learning
- Paper presented at the Learning and Teaching Expo 2017 – SEN Theatre held by EduCity (14 Dec 2017) – topic: Interactional modes and teacher’ roles of Blended Learning
- Seminar participation:
- SEN涯規劃organized by TWO nominees, Heep Hong Society & HKAB on 11thNov 2017
- 時事學中文-e-learning platform for NCS held by OpenKnowledge on 24thNov 2017
- Social-Motivation Learning held by EdUHK on 4thDec 2017
- One of the speaker and organizer of the Symposium of Dyslexia 2016 (3 Dec 2016) co-organized by VTC, HKBU and other communities – topic: the suggestions in using VAKT to the students with dyslexia
- Paper presented at the International Symposium of Chi. Lang. Teaching held by EdUHK (16 & 17 Dec 2016) – topic: expository writing teaching to SEN
- Speaker of teacher professional development seminar (19th May 2017) held by EDB – topic: Strategies for catering Learning Diversity in Liberal Study
- Speaker of teacher professional development seminar (28th March 2017) held by Catholic Education Office (Primary Schools Sector) – topic: Strategies for catering Learning Diversity in Chi. Lang.
- One of the guest speakers of “Leadership Development Programme for middle leaders” under the topics of SEN / Inclusive Education Accommodation and Curriculum Leadership in March 2017
- Schools support – School-based Chi. Lang. curriculum design and teacher professional development seminar
- Chan Kai Secondary School – curriculum design in persuasive essays & descriptive essays (S3 Chi Lang Curriculum)
- HK & KLN Chiu Chow Public Association Secondary School – topic: Questioning Technique (16th Nov 2016)
- Reviewer for Educational Journal (CUHK)
- Seminar participation: Teaching strategies for ASD students organized by EdUHK on 25th March
- 17th Oct. (9:30 – 17:30) – to present the teaching strategies to ADHD students with serviced school teachers in JC SMILE project dissemination
- 30th Oct. (9:30 – 17:30) – to attend a seminar of Prf. Chan Suk Lai from East Taiwan National University in sharing the teaching materials and strategies for academic low achievers
- 31st Oct (9:30 – 13:30) & 13th May (9;30 – 12:30)– to participate a workshop of an NGO The Pathways Ltd. in servicing the students with Dyslexia as their teaching consultant
- 30th Nov. & 1st Dec. (9:30 – 17:30) – to attend a seminar of Dr. Laugeson from UCLA and other experts in serving the people with Autism held by VTC
- 18th Mar. (9:00 – 16:00) – to attend a seminar held by the Student Department of CUHK about cognitive disabilities
- 24th Mar., 20th & 22nd Jun. – to run some two to three-hour teachers’ professional development workshop in three schools (高雷中學、何明華會督中學、福德學社小學)
- 1st – 3rd Apr. (9:00 – 17:00) – to attain the qualification of certified trainer for Autistic adolescents in the friendship-making form a course taking held by Dr. Laugeson from UCLA
- 鄧潔儀。2019。通識科教材調適-舉隅。EDB Learning Diversity Committee of Liberal Study, EDB.
- 鄧潔儀。2019。5E教學法在香港特殊學校中、數、常三科應用舉隅 (The application of 5E teaching method in HK special schools – in the school subjects of Chinese Language, Mathematics and General Study)。Rainbowstar_互動課本攻略。融合教育電子學習協會。香港。
- 鄧潔儀。2019。電子課本學習『教與學概念框架』(Electronic textbook learning – “teaching and learning conceptual framework”)。Rainbowstar_互動課本攻略。融合教育電子學習協會。香港。
- 鄧潔儀、冼權鋒、蘇建群、高鳳展。2018。香港特殊學校校本電子教材教學運用課堂觀察研究(The Research of School-based Electronic Teaching Materials – Classroom Observation in Hong Kong Special Schools)。香港特殊教育期刊，20期。香港教育大學特殊學習需要與融合教育中心、香港特殊教育協會。頁136-154。
- Tang, K. Y, 2016.Tips of classroom management with the students of ADHD (融合教室內的支援與反思). In EdUHK (eds) SMILE Project Resources Kit – ADHD (賽馬會悅學計劃 支援融合生資源套- 專注力不足/過度活躍症學生). EdUHK.
- Tang, K. Y; Chiu, C.W & Tong, C.Y, 2016. School-based Chi. Lang. curriculum design and action research in inclusive classrooms (中國語文(初中)教學的實踐與反思). In EdUHK (eds) SMILE Project Resources Kit – Accommodation and Differentiated Instruction in an inclusive classroom (賽馬會悅學計劃 支援融合生資源套 – 融合教室內的「課程調適」與「適異教學」). EdUHK.
- Tang, K. Y, 2013. School-based intervention – C.E.M. mode (到校『課堂支援』-C.E.M.概念架構). In K. Y. Tang & M. Ting (eds) The Effectiveness of Literacy Intervention Program for Secondary Schools with Dyslexia and Specific Reading Difficulties and Significant Underachievement (中學讀寫障礙學生語文課堂支援計劃). QEF.
- Tang, K. Y; Lu, Z. L & Yu, Y.L, 2013. The reading strategies of Chinese Classical text (文言文解讀策略). In K. Y. Tang & M. Ting (eds) The Effectiveness of Literacy Intervention Program for Secondary Schools with Dyslexia and Specific Reading Difficulties and Significant Underachievement (中學讀寫障礙學生語文課堂支援計劃). QEF.
- Tang, K. Y. & Ting, M. (eds). 2013. The Effectiveness of Literacy Intervention Program for Secondary Schools with Dyslexia and Specific Reading Difficulties and Significant Underachievement (中學讀寫障礙學生語文課堂支援計劃). QEF.