Dr. LEE, T N Leon
BA, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
Diploma in Education, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
MA (distinction) University of Leeds, UK.
PhD University of Texas at Austin, USA.
Senior Lecturer, Department of Education Studies
Programme Director, Liberal Studies Teaching and PSHE Teaching double degrees (Geography/History/Sociology and Education)
Academic & Professional Experience
|2007 – Present||Programme Director, Liberal Studies Teaching and PSHE Teaching double degrees (Geography/History/Sociology and Education)|
|2006 – Present||Senior Lecturer in Department of Education Studies, Hong Kong Baptist University|
|2000 – 2006||Assistant Professor in Department of Education Studies, Hong Kong Baptist University|
|1999 – 2000||Education resources officer in Education Department, HKSAR Government|
|1992 – 1994||Senior Graduate Master (Geography) in Po Leung Kuk K. T. Chong Sixth Form College, Hong Kong|
|1984 – 1992||Graduate Master and Senior Graduate Master (Geography) in Ying Wa Girls’ School, Hong Kong|
- Curriculum issues
- Geographical and environmental education
- Social studies education
- Liberal Studies education
- Member of the Curriculum Development Council Committee on Learning Resources & Support Services, September 2009 to August 2015.
- Advisor for EDB Seed Project Promoting students’ information literacy through library activities, organized by the Life-wide learning and Library Section, 2008-10.
- Member of the consultation group on television and radio broadcast of the Television and Entertainment Licensing Authority, HKSAR Government, 2006-2009.
- Advisor of World of Liberal Studies Web site, organized by the Chinese YMCA of Hong Kong, 2007-2008.
- Advisor of Tsinghua University Liberal Studies Teachers Study Tour Program, organized by the Hong Kong New Generation Cultural Association, 2007, 2008, 2012 and 2014
- Principal investigator of EMB Research and Development Project on Classroom learning and teaching of Liberal Studies, Integrated Humanities and Science and Technology (EMB reference: CD/PSHE/IH/11, in 2005).
- 在常識科中推行創意教學。岑淑慧，唐美欣 (編) (2006)，小學創意教育遞進發展模式計劃 – 理論與實踐 (頁82-92)。香港：香港浸會大學兒童發展中心。
- Gifted Education through General Studies. 梁詠而、吳恩澤 (編) (2003)， 小學資優教育發展模式計劃 – 理論與實踐 (頁100-109)。香港：香港浸會大學兒童發展中心。
- Education for sustainable development – some observations from Hong Kong. (2006). In K. Purnell, J. Lidstone & S. Hodgson (Eds.), Changes in Geographical Education: Past, Present and Future – Proceedings of the International Geographical Union Commission on Geographical Education Symposium (pp. 286-290). Brisbane, Australia: International Geographical Union Commission on Geographical Education and Royal Geographical Society of Queesnland, Inc.
- 香港通識教育科課程在新高中學制中的角色和作用 – 以「可持續發展」概念為例。黄素君(編)(2007)，2006年華人社會的教育發展學術研討會論文集(系列一) (頁29-32)。澳門：澳門大學教育學院。
- 培訓新高中通識科教師：個人經驗與反思。林智中、朱嘉穎(編)(2005)，第七屆兩岸三地課程理論研討會論文集 (頁93-96)。香港：香港中文大學教育學院。
- Geography and citizenship education in Hong Kong. (2004). In Expanding Horizons in a Shrinking World: Symposium Proceedings of the International Geographical Union Commission on Geographical Education Symposium (pp.275-279). Glasgow, UK: UK Sub-committee of the IGU Commission on Geographical Education.
- A paper titled “Teaching about globalization in a time of de-globalization”, at the International Assembly, National Council for Social Studies (NCSS) Annual Conference, 22 November 2019, in Austin, USA.
- A paper titled “Globalization and socio-economic development: Views of Chinese and Hong Kong higher degree students”, at the International Assembly, National Council for Social Studies (NCSS) Annual Conference, 17 November 2017, in San Francisco, USA.
- A paper titled “Civic education through Liberal Studies: Some observations from Hong Kong’ curriculum reform” at the International Assembly, National Council for Social Studies (NCSS) Annual Conference, 21 November 2014, in Boston, USA.
- A paper titled “Will globalization spread universal values? Analyzing the views of teachers expressed through web forums” at the International Assembly, National Council for Social Studies (NCSS) Annual Conference, 16 November 2012, Seattle, USA.