Application Period for the Postgraduate Diploma in Education (Full-time) – (September 2019 intake):
15 November 2018 – 31 December 2018
Applications are invited for the following specialising subjects:
- English* (Primary & Secondary Focus)
- Chinese (Secondary Focus)
- Mathematics (Secondary Focus)
- Liberal Studies (Secondary Focus)
- Personal, Social & Humanities Education (Secondary Focus)
* Students of the English specialising subject are required to attend a 6 – 8 week Immersion Programme in an English speaking country.
Please refer HERE for other Programme information.
Applicants seeking admission to the Postgraduate Diploma in Education (Full Time) Programme should possess:
- a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university or equivalent; and
- demonstrated language proficiency in Chinese and English* as recognised by the Department.
Proof of English proficiency is required for all applicants whose bachelor’s degrees were obtained from programmes where the medium of instruction is not English. These applicants must meet the following minimum requirements for English proficiency:For applicants applying for the English specializing subject
- An overall band score of 6.5 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent
For applicants applying for non-English specializing subjects
- An overall band score of 6.0 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent
Applicants may be required to attend an interview as part of the selection process. Reference is made to communicative skills, language proficiency, maturity and motivation of the candidate.
TUITION FEE (Subject to revision)
Local student HK$42,100 per academic year
Non-local Students HK$ 120,000 per academic year
Online-application can be submitted via https://iss.hkbu.edu.hk/amsappl_pg/welcome.jsf when the application period starts.
For programme information
Department of Education Studies
Telephone: (852) 3411 7216 / 3411 5745
Email : email@example.com
website : http://educ.hkbu.edu.hkFor admissions
Office of Graduate School
Telephone: (852) 3411 5127
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : http://gs.hkbu.edu.hk