Application Period for the Postgraduate Diploma in Education (Part-time) – Traditional Stream (Except English & Liberal Studies) has been extended to 1 March 2021.
Applications are invited for the following specialising subjects (NO specialising subjects focus in Primary School will be offered for September 2021 intake):
- Chinese (Secondary School Focus)
- Mathematics (Secondary School Focus)
- Music (Secondary School Focus)
- Physical Education (Secondary School Focus)
- Liberal Studies (Secondary School Focus) (Application CLOSED)
- English (Secondary School Focus) (Application CLOSED)
Eventual provision will depend on needs and departmental resources.
Please refer HERE for other Programme information.
Applicants seeking admission for the Part-time Postgraduate Diploma in Education Programme should possess:
- a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university or equivalent*;
- a full-time local school teacher status#; and
- proficiency in reading and writing of both Chinese and English as recognised by the Department.
* Applicants applying for Physical Education (PE) must hold a recognised bachelor’s degree or equivalent majoring in PE or a relevant discipline.
# Applicants who do not have a full-time teaching status will be considered on a case-by-case basis and, if admitted, have to fulfill teaching practice requirements stipulated by the Department of Education Studies.
Proof of English proficiency is required for all applicants whose bachelor’s degrees were obtained from programmes where the medium of instruction is not English. These applicants must meet the following minimum requirements for English proficiency:
For applicants applying for the English specialising subject
- An overall band score of 6.5 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent
For applicants applying for non-English specialising subjects
- An overall band score of 6.0 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent
Applicants may be required to attend an interview as part of the selection process. Reference will be made to communication skills, language proficiency, maturity and motivation, specialism and teaching experience.
TUITION FEE (subject to revision)
Local Student: HK$42,100
Non-local Student: HK$140,000
For programme information
Department of Education Studies
Telephone: (852) 3411 5543 / 3411 5745
For admission information
Telephone: (852) 3411 5127