Application Period for the Postgraduate Diploma in Education (Part-time) – Traditional Stream (September 2018 intake):
2 January 2018 – 28 February 2018
Please refer HERE for other Programme information.
Applicants seeking admission to the Part-time Postgraduate Diploma in Education Programme should possess:
- a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or equivalent*;
- a full-time local school teacher status#; and
- proficiency in reading and writing of both Chinese and English as recognized by the Department.
* Applicants applying for Physical Education (PE) must hold a recognized bachelor’s degree or equivalent majoring in PE or a relevant discipline.
# Applicants who do not have a full-time teaching status will be considered on a case-by-case basis and, if admitted, have to fulfill teaching practice requirements stipulated by the Department of Education Studies.
Proof of English proficiency is required for all applicants whose bachelor’s degrees were obtained from programmes where the medium of instruction is not English. These applicants must meet the following minimum requirements for English proficiency:
For applicants applying for the English specializing subject
- An overall band score of 6.5 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent
For applicants applying for non-English specializing subjects
- An overall band score of 6.0 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent
Applicants may be required to attend an interview as part of the selection process. Reference will be made to communication skills, language proficiency, maturity and motivation, specialism and teaching experience.
TUITION FEE (subject to revision)
Local Student: HK$21,050 per academic year
Non-local Student: HK$60,000 per academic year
Online-application can be submitted via https://iss.hkbu.edu.hk/amsappl_pg/welcome.jsf when the application period starts.
For programme information
Department of Education Studies
Telephone: (852) 3411 5745
Telephone: (852) 3411 5127