Application for the Postgraduate Diploma in Education (Part-time) – Subject Teaching and Subject Knowledge Stream (September 2020 intake) has been closed on 30 April 2020.
Applications are invited for the following specialising subjects (NO specialising subjects focus in secondary school will be offered for September 2020 intake):
- English (Primary School Focus) (Application CLOSED)
- Mathematics (Primary School Focus) (Application CLOSED)
- Physical Education (Primary School Focus) (Application CLOSED)
Eventual provision will depend on needs and departmental resources.
Please refer HERE for specializing subjects offered and other Programme information.
Applicants seeking admission to the Part-time Postgraduate Diploma in Education Programme (STSK) should possess:
- a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or equivalent;
- a postgraduate diploma / certificate in education or equivalent in a subject other than the specalizing subject of the chosen stream; and
- a full-time local school teacher status.^
^ Subject taught should include the specializing subject following the norms set by the Department of Education Studies. Applicants who do not have a full-time school teacher status will be considered on a case-by-case basis and, if admitted, have to fulfill teaching practice requirements stipulated by the Department.
Proof of English proficiency is required for all applicants whose bachelor’s degrees were obtained from programmes where the medium of instruction is not English. These applicants must meet the following minimum requirements for English proficiency:
For applicants applying for the English specializing subject
- An overall band score of 6.5 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent
For applicants applying for non-English specializing subjects
- An overall band score of 6.0 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent
Applicants may be required to attend an interview as part of the selection process. Reference will be made to communication skills, language proficiency in both Chinese and English. Maturity, motivation, specialism and teaching experience will also be taken into consideration.
TUITION FEE (subject to revision)
Local Student: HK$21,050 per academic year*
Non-local Student: HK$70,000 per academic year
*Students specialized in English are eligible to apply for the Professional Development Incentive Grant. Note that applications should reach SCOLAR prior to the start of the Programme. Please contact the SCOLAR Office for details.
Online-application can be submitted via https://iss.hkbu.edu.hk/amsappl_pg/welcome.jsf when the application period starts.
For programme information
Department of Education Studies
Telephone: (852) 3411 5543 / 3411 5745
For admission information
Telephone: (852) 3411 5127